How to Design Your Own Fabric
Have you ever wondered how to design your own fabric? Or wanted to have a go, but you're not sure where to start?
Here's an overview of the whole process, with some links to blog posts where you can find more information.
How to design your own fabric - some details
There's a round-up of the basic ways you can design your own fabric print on the blog post Designing your own fabric - a-round-up. (There's a surprise!) This is the best place to start if you haven't done much (or any) designing before.
If you want some more ideas for ways to create a design, there's:
- creating a design with pattern-filled shapes
- using sun-print paper
- using hand-written pages
- using paints and Photoshop
- using rubber stamps (one of my favourites, and great if you can't draw!)
- using text (here and here)
- using paper cut-outs or paper shapes (here and here)
- using free software
If you need some extra help with some of the more 'technical' aspects of designing your own fabric, there's: